BY SALLY CINELLO
Leftover roast pork, diced up
Leftover gravy from recipe below
APPLE CIDER GRAVY
2 Tablespoons plain flour
4 Tablespoons of reserved roast pork cooking juices/fat
300ml pork/chicken or vegetable stock
Salt, to your taste
- Whisk the flour with the reserved cooking juices in a saucepan until combined & cook for a few minutes.
- Gradually pour in the stock, whisking until smooth. Stir in the cider.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, and simmer for 3 minutes. Taste and season with salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c or 180°c fan forced.
- Mix the pork & gravy together – don’t heat up the filling as the pies cook better with cold filling
- Put the filling in a ramekin with a puff pastry lid or in a pie tin with your choice of puff pastry lid with or without shortcrust pastry base.
Alternatively if you have a pie maker, use shortcrust pastry for the base & puff pastry for the lid with a 1/4 cup of filling per pie, cook as per pie makers instructions