BY SALLY CINELLO 2021
500gm Minced Beef
1 Medium Brown onion, diced
150gm Button mushrooms, sliced
1 red capsicum, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced finely
2 Beef stockcubes
2 teaspoons of chilli powder
2 heaped teaspoons crushed chilli (jar crushed chilli from supermarket)
2 Tablespoons of tomato paste
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
400gm can diced tomatoes
1/2 Can Blue Swimmer Summer Ale
400gm can kidney beans
- In a deep none stick saucepan fry of the minced beef, if your using 4 star or lower no oil should be needed to cook the mince as it releases enough fat.
- Once mince is browned off add the onion, mushrooms, capsicum, garlic & cook until onion is golden/translucent.
- Sprinkle on the beef stock cube, powdered & crushed chilli’s, salt – stir through for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients stir for a few minutes then simmer for at least an hour. I put mine in the slow cooker to finish cooking/develop flavour.
- I served it on top of fries but goes equally as well served with your choice of rice, baked potato, or tacos
- Toppings of cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapeno peppers, go very well with it.