BY CHERYL MISHIO 2021
500 grams lean beef mince
1 cup corn kernels
1 red capsicum – diced
1 yellow capsicum – diced
1/2 cup red onion – diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons Mexican spice blend (or taco seasoning)
Salt & pepper to taste
8 tortillas or wraps
1 bunch fresh coriander chopped
1 cup grated cheddar
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1 jar tomato salsa
- Sauté beef mince, drain off excess fat & set aside
- Add corn kernels, capsicum, onion, garlic – sauté until slightly browned
- Add black beans & cooked beef mince then pour in 1/2 can of Toucan Session IPA Beer & reduce liquid by half.
- Add chopped tomatoes & Mexican Spice blend, salt & pepper & chopped coriander.
- Roll mixture into tortillas and place in baking dish.
- Spoon salsa over top then place pickled jalapenos & grated cheese on top.
- Cover & bake for 30 mins at 165 degrees.
- Remove cover & bake for an additional 7 mins until cheese is golden brown.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander over top before serving.
Serve additional pickled jalapenos & chipotle sour cream on the side (chipotle sauce stirred through sour cream).