BY SEBASTIAN FIGG
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 kg stew meat, cut into 2.5cm cubes
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 500g baby red potatoes, quartered
4 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups beef broth
2 cups of Sydney Brewery Agave Ginger Cider
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup flour
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef to the pan and cook until browned.
- Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic into a slow cooker. Stir in Cider, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, caraway seeds and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened.